Our specialist fraud and asset recovery team is a market leader in bringing and defending fraud claims and has a wealth of experience in taking urgent steps to identify, preserve and recover assets located within and outside of the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands and the Marshall Islands. We also have extensive experience in claims and issues arising out of financial fraud, white collar crime, economic sanctions and government corruption involving offshore entities and assets.
Fraud is a global issue which requires a global solution. Having acted on numerous high value and complex cross-border fraud cases over the last 50 years, we have developed a strong working relationship with the leading fraud and asset recovery law firms, forensic accountants and advisory firms around the world which allows us to move quickly in a coordinated manner with our trusted partners once fraud is detected to prevent the proceeds of fraud from being dissipated.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide innovative, effective and commercial solutions to the manifold problems posed by global fraud and on our success rate in recovering assets for our clients over a number of decades. In many cases these recovery efforts are combined with criminal or civil actions against the fraudsters and those who have facilitated the fraud. We have experienced advocates who are ready to move at short notice to seek relief from the court in order to protect our clients’ interests.
Our team is experienced in bringing and defending:
- Civil fraud claims including claims in fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit, the economic torts of conspiracy and inducing breach of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty and claims founded on secondary liability for breach of trust in dishonest assistance and knowing receipt
- Freezing injunctions to preserve assets in support of foreign and domestic proceedings and arbitrations
- Ancillary asset disclosure orders in support of freezing injunctions
- All other forms of injunctions including proprietary injunctions and Chabra relief against third parties
- Applications to appoint provisional liquidators to prevent the dissipation of assets following the presentation of a winding up petition
- Fraudulent trading and claw-back claims brought by liquidators
- Applications for the appointment of receivers pre-judgment to prevent the dissipation of assets and post-judgment by way of equitable execution
- Applications to enforce the rights of shareholders and investors to information
- Norwich Pharmacal applications to compel production of information from third parties
- Asset tracing, avoidance and proprietary actions