Paul is a counsel in our Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring Group, based in our Cayman Islands office. He acts for investors, officeholders and institutions and has particular expertise in complex cross-border disputes relating to funds and other offshore structures, fraud investigations and in breach of duty claims in relation to the managers, auditors, administrators and custodians of investment vehicles. Paul has significant experience advising on sanctions and freezing orders affecting offshore assets and has also written and spoken extensively on cross-border litigation and insolvency matters.
Notable instructions include: acting for funds and their directors in defending claims of breaches of economic sanctions; acting for a Swiss bank intervening before the Privy Council in a dispute between Herald and Primeo Fund over a $490m distribution waterfall among redeeming investors; acting for Ernst & Young Cayman in resisting an application for disclosure of documents brought by the liquidators of a former audit client.
Paul is listed as a key individual by Legal 500.
Paul joined Campbells in August 2019 following over 10 years of practice with leading firms in Ireland and the Cayman Islands.
Qualifications and Admissions
- Trinity College Dublin, BA English and Classics, 2000
- Technological University Dublin, Postgraduate Diploma in Law, 2005
- Solicitor, Ireland, 2008
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2012
- Attorney at Law, Cayman Islands, 2014
- Accredited Mediator, London School of Mediation, 2019
Prior Career History
- Dillon Eustace, Dublin
- Appleby, Cayman Islands
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association Cayman Islands
- Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association