Our Family Office & Private Capital team provides a client-driven service drawing from our specialists in Investment Funds, Banking & Structured Finance, Shipping & Aviation, Real Estate and Litigation. We advise on the laws of the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands and are well versed in the complex and dynamic requirements of our UHNW and family office clients.
We act for a range of UHNW clients and their family offices as well as multi-family offices based predominantly across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We assist with the legal structuring of investments including, in particular:
- The establishment of investment vehicles for the deployment of private capital whether by way of equity investment or direct lending.
- Advising on the terms of investments.
- Co-investment structures including joint ventures.
- Charitable and philanthropic structures.
- Yacht, private aircraft, art and real estate acquisition and disposal including related financing arrangements.
- Litigation, insolvency and alternative dispute resolution.
In addition to our legal services, we provide a full suite of company management services in the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands including, without limitation:
- independent director services;
- share trustee services;
- formation of companies and limited partnerships and provision of registered office/registered agent;
- maintenance of statutory records including registers of members, directors and officers, and mortgages and charges;
- registration and filings for FATCA and CRS requirements, along with the provision of requisite officers;
- provision of anti-money laundering compliance officer, money laundering reporting officer and deputy money laundering reporting officers;
- company secretarial services;
- filing annual returns and attending to other on-going filing requirements;
- renewal of local registrations and licences including mutual fund, securities investment business and private trust company registrations and trade and business licences; and
- acting as service agent.