Robert C. SearlePartner
Robert is a partner in our Corporate Department. He specialises in advice on the establishment and restructure of all investment funds, having spent his entire legal career focusing on collective investment schemes in Cayman, England and Australia. Robert was admitted as an attorney in the Cayman Islands in 2003 and became partner with Campbells in 2007.
A market insider commented: “He has a very strong knowledge of Cayman as well as British Virgin Islands law and is able to grasp complex transactions.”
– Chambers and Partners 2018
Areas of Practice and Expertise:
Qualifications and Admissions:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Laws (LLM) – Corporate and Finance Law
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Supreme Court of Queensland, 1998
- Solicitor of Supreme Court (England & Wales), 2003 (non-practising)
- Attorney at Law in the Cayman Islands, 2003
- Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), 2012
Prior Career History:
- London, SJ Berwin
- Australia, McCullough Robertson
Recognition and Awards:
- Robert is ranked in Chambers & Partners as a Foreign Expert Based Abroad for the Cayman Islands.
- Chambers Global 2017 reported that Robert is “very responsive, very knowledgeable” and able to “provide direct and effective advice.”
- Chambers Global 2015 reported a client describing Robert as “one of the most practical and solution-focused Cayman-qualified lawyers I know. His direct and simple advice on difficult restructuring issues has been extremely useful to us.” Chambers also reports that Robert is an experienced funds lawyer who continues to assist clients in the Asia-Pacific region with Cayman-related fund matters and that “he is always able to find solutions for potential problems and is very efficient.”
- Chambers Global 2014 states Robert is commended for his ability to “condense difficult problems into simple solutions which are commercially acceptable and user-friendly for clients.”
- Legal 500 2014 states that Robert “strives to make himself available and is very commercial.”
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Robert speaks at various international conferences and regularly contributes articles to international and Cayman Islands publications.