Robert is a partner in our Corporate Department. He specialises in advice on the establishment and restructure of all investment funds, having spent his entire legal career focusing on collective investment schemes in Cayman, England and Australia. He has a particular interest in impact investing where philanthropic outcomes are fused with commercial interests. Robert joined Campbells in 2003.
Robert C. Searle
Robert Searle is "very responsive, very helpful and very commercial. He doesn't only stand from the legal perspective but also from the client's perspective, and gives clear direction." - Chambers and Partners, 2021
Robert Searle is proactive, responsive, and provides commercially sensible advice.” -Legal 500, 2021
One source finds him to be "very responsive, very helpful and very commercial," while another notes: "He doesn't only stand from the legal perspective but also from the client's perspective, and gives clear direction." - Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Investment funds
- Corporate finance
- Robert was engaged by Asia Debt Management to work on a number of recent fund launches.
- Robert assisted Scotiabank to list various funds on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange.
- Robert advised Fullerton Fund Management on the ongoing requirements of their Cayman Islands investment funds.
- Robert has advised Credit Suisse on investment fund launches relating to investment products.
- Robert provides advice to CITIC Securities on Cayman Islands law.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Laws (LLM) – Corporate and Finance Law
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), 2012
- Solicitor of Supreme Court (England & Wales), 2003 (non-practising)
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 2003
- Supreme Court of Queensland, 1998
- SJ Berwin, London
- McCullough Robertson, Australia
- Registered Foreign Lawyer of the Hong Kong Law Society
- Robert is ranked in Chambers & Partners as a Foreign Expert Based Abroad for the Cayman Islands.
- Chambers Global 2017 reported that Robert is “very responsive, very knowledgeable” and able to “provide direct and effective advice.”
- Robert speaks at various international conferences and regularly contributes articles to international and Cayman Islands publications.
- Robert has served as expert witness in disputes over Cayman Islands structures.