James is a senior associate in the Corporate Department of our Hong Kong office. James advises on the structuring, formation, regulation and ongoing operation of investment funds. James’ practice also covers secured lending, fund financing, cross-border lending structures, asset and acquisition financing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raisings and general commercial matters. James joined Campbells in 2019 from a leading corporate firm in Brisbane, Australia.
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate and commercial
Qualifications and Admissions
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2022
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Hong Kong, 2019
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia, 2011 (currently non-practising)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), University of Queensland, Australia
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Queensland, Australia
Prior Career History
- Cooper Grace Ward, Australia
Recognition and Awards
- James is ranked as a Rising Star by IFLR1000
Publications and News
- Campbells advised Zhuahai Huafa Group Co., Ltd. on its issuance and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Campbells acted as BVI counsel to Huafa 2021 I Company Limited on its issuance and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of up to US$250,000,000 4.25% Senior Guaranteed Perpetual Capital Securities and up to US$200,000,000 2.95% Guaranteed Senior Bonds due 2025.
- Campbells advised ADM Capital on its convertible loan facility to Square Yards, India’s largest integrated real estate platform.
Campbells acted as British Virgin Islands legal counsel to ADM Capital on its convertible loan facility to Square Yards, India’s largest integrated real estate platform.
- Campbells advises on Everest Medicines' US$310 million Series C financing.
Campbells provided corporate due diligence assistance to Janchor Partners in Everest Medicines' Series C financing. This US$310 million Series C financing includes two preferred equity financing tranches, a US$260 million Series C-2 and a US$50 million Series C-1.