Katie is an Associate in our Litigation, Insolvency & Restructuring Group. She joined Campbells in 2021, having previously practised at a leading firm in Auckland, New Zealand. She has a wide variety of litigation and insolvency experience and has appeared in Court as well as alternative dispute resolution forums alongside well regarded QCs.
- Acted for a large New Zealand company in relation to a prejudiced shareholders and breach of director’s duties claim.
- Represented the liquidators in a cross-border liquidation, with assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Obtained urgent freezing orders over assets held in New Zealand, Australia, and Fiji in relation to the distribution of a large estate.
- Recovered a significant debt from a debtor who had absconded the country and left minimal assets in the jurisdiction.
- Represented a large international machinery corporation in opposition to the registration of a conflicting trade mark.
- Represented a Samoan chief in a claim against the Government of Samoa for the return of an island.
- Secured extended orders restraining a vexatious litigant from issuing proceedings, being one of the first orders of its kind in New Zealand.
- Represented a government body in a judicial review proceeding relating to a high profile alleged breach of the right to free speech.
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 2021
- University of Auckland (New Zealand), Master of Laws, 2019 – 2020
- New Zealand Law Society Civil Litigation Skills, 2018
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, 2017
- Institute of Professional Legal Studies qualification, 2017
- University of Otago (New Zealand), Bachelor of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science, 2012 – 2018
- University of Otago (New Zealand), Bachelor of Laws, 2012 – 2016
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- New Zealand Law Society