Andrew specialises in commercial litigation, international arbitration and dispute resolution. He has extensive experience acting for clients in complex and high value disputes, typically with a cross-border element. Andrew previously practised in both London and Australia with a major international firm, and holds postgraduate qualifications in both applied finance and international dispute resolution.
Sources say Andrew “is a deeply impressive litigator who is highly-intelligent and produces imaginative and strategic answers to difficult and complex problems.”
– Legal 500
Andrew has experience litigating in jurisdictions throughout the world, as well as conducting institutional and ad hoc arbitrations under a variety of different rules (including ICC, LCIA, AAA and UNCITRAL). Prior to joining Campbells in 2014, Andrew practised at DLA Piper in both Australia (2006 – 2009) and London (2009 – 2013). In London, Andrew specialised in international dispute resolution with a particular focus on international arbitration. He has extensive experience coordinating and leading teams in major, complex and high value disputes. He has particular expertise advising clients in respect of investment fund and other financial services disputes (especially claims against administrators, custodians and auditors), professional negligence claims and a broad range of contractual disputes. His clients have included foreign governments, major banks, leading professional services firms and other multinationals spanning a number of sectors. Andrew is named a “Future Leader” among Cayman Islands litigation Partners by Who’s Who Legal.
Qualifications and Admissions:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), University of Western Australia, 2005
- Graduate Diploma (Applied Finance and Investment), Financial Services Institute of Australasia, 2008
- Graduate Diploma (International Dispute Resolution, International Arbitration major), Queen Mary, University of London, 2013
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2007 (non-practising)
- Practitioner of the High Court of Australia, 2008 (non-practising)
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2011
- Attorney-at-Law, Cayman Islands, 2014
- Solicitor, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (Virgin Islands), 2018
Prior Career History:
- DLA Piper UK, London, 2009 – 2013
- DLA Piper Australia, Perth, 2006 – 2009