Alan is a partner and is head of our Corporate Department, where he specialises in the establishment of venture capital funds and related investment vehicles and the structuring and licensing of insurance companies. His practice also includes advising on cross-border corporate finance and M&A transactions. Alan was admitted as an attorney in the Cayman Islands in 1999 and joined Campbells in 2009.
Partner, Head of Corporate
Alan is best known for his twin specialisms in venture capital and insurance work. Sources regard him as "a very capable attorney" who has "a tremendous understanding of the business side." - Chambers and Partners, 2021
Alan Craig has “solid industry knowledge and always comes through for clients,” and is “responsive and always on point.” – Legal 500
A client commented "I've always found him very commercial, very 'business sensible' and easy to work with." - Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), 2013
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 1999
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court (England & Wales), 1998 (non-practising)
- Attorney at Law, State of New York, 1995 (non-practising)
- Solicitor in Scotland, 1994 (non-practising)
- Diploma in Legal Practice (DipLP), University of Glasgow, Scotland 1991
- LLB (with honours), University of Glasgow, Scotland 1991
- London office of US investment bank Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette (subsequently acquired by Credit Suisse)
- Cayman Islands – Walkers
- Cayman Islands – Turner & Roulstone (Head of Corporate)
- Recognised as having particular experience in the establishment of venture capital funds and related investment vehicles, and the structuring and licensing of insurance companies.
- Cayman Islands and BVI Economic Substance requirements extended to Partnerships. In line with ongoing commitments given by the Cayman Islands, regulations came into force in the Cayman Islands on 30 June 2021, expanding the categories of entities that are now in scope for the purposes of the Economic Substance regime to all types of partnerships (including general partnerships, exempted limited partnerships and foreign limited partnerships).