The Campbells Articled Clerk training programme offers legal and professional development to qualifying Caymanians wishing to further their career in law in the Cayman Islands.
CAYMAN ISLANDS ARTICLED CLERK PROGRAMME
Campbells is currently accepting applications for our September 2020 vacancy, and the application deadline is 15 April 2020.
It provides students with the opportunity to:
- develop their skills and knowledge by working with experienced attorneys; and
- participate in a leading professional programme.
Articled clerks are expected to complete four “seats” in different practice areas with each rotation being three to six months in duration. The successful candidate will be expected to complete a minimum of one corporate and one litigation focused rotation.
During each seat, the articling clerk is assigned a mentor or principal whose role it is to ensure that the articling clerk receives relevant work experience. The mentor will ensure that the successful articling clerk will receive ongoing feedback on their work. There are also regularly scheduled meetings with the articling clerk to discuss their professional development and provide an opportunity for them to give feedback.
The following requirements apply:
- applicants must be enrolled in, or already have passed, the Professional Practice Course (or equivalent); and
- applicants must have a minimum of 2:1 honours law degree (or higher).
Please send the below-required documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for our Articled Clerk programme:
- Cover letter supporting the application
- ID (Passport or DL)
- Official letter stating you can, if a non-Caymanian, take up Articles on the island
- Full academic transcripts
- Minimum of 2 contactable references
- Application deadline: 15 April 2020
- Interviews: May 2020
- Article Clerkship awarded: June 2020
- Programme starts: Sept 2020
For more information about Campbells’ article programme or to learn how to apply please email email@example.com.