Stuart specialises in real estate and banking transactions, advising a wide range of clients on the acquisition, disposal, leasing and development of hotel, retail, commercial and residential property in the Cayman Islands, as well as advising local and international financial institutions on lending and restructuring matters. Stuart also provides advice in respect of Cayman company formation and licensing.
Stuart is reported as a “technically brilliant lawyer with an understanding of real estate on a global level, as well as an incredible grip on local law.” One source declared: “When I need an attorney with exceptional people skills and exceptional technical skills, he’s the one I call.”
Chambers Global Guide 2019 – (Real Estate)
Legal 500 2020 refers to Stuart as a “rising star”.
Prior to joining Campbells Stuart worked at Walkers in the Cayman Islands, and previously had worked with Eversheds (now Eversheds Sutherland) in the UK.
Qualifications and Admissions:
- BA (Hons) History, Northumbria University, 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Northumbria Law School, 2001
- Legal Practice Course, Northumbria Law School, 2002
- Diploma in Real Estate, College of Law, 2007
- Attorney at Law, Cayman Islands, 2013
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court (England and Wales), 2004 (non- practising)
Areas of Practice and Expertise:
- Private Client