Shaun T. McCannConsultant
Shaun McCann was born in Scotland and received his BA in Economics in 1983 and LLB in 1986 from Auckland University. He has been admitted as a Barrister in New Zealand, England & Wales (Solicitor), the Cayman Islands, Turks & Caicos Islands and the British Virgin Islands. Shaun joined Campbells in 1992 specialising in commercial and insurance litigation. He became a Partner in 2000 and retired as a Senior Partner in 2014. He remains a Consultant to the firm.
Clients praise him as one of the most respected litigators on the island.
– Chambers and Partners
Qualifications and admissions:
- B.A. in Economics, 1983
- LLB – University of Auckland, New Zealand, 1986.
- Barrister and Solicitor, High Court if New Zealand, 1986 (non-practicing)
- Solicitor in England, 1991 (non-practicing)
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 1992
Areas of practice and expertise:
- Commercial and Insurance litigation
- Corporate insolvency
- Asset recovery
- Civil Litigation appearing before Grand Court, Court of Appeal and the Privy Council
Recognition and awards:
- Chambers Global 2011 Guide describes Shaun as an active practitioner with particular expertise in insolvency. Clients praise him as “one of the most respected litigators on the island.”
- Chambers 2010 Guide confirms that Shaun is especially visible for on-island work. He is well established and has a solid market reputation.
- In its 2009 guide, Chambers describes Shaun as “a well-respected figure in the litigation community who is particularly adept at insurance work.”
- Shaun is described in the Chambers Global Guide 2008 as “very talented”.