Philipp is a counsel in our corporate department, based in our BVI offices. He has a wide range of expertise in corporate and commercial matters with particular emphasis on alternative investment structures, including formation and restructuring of investment funds. His practice also includes finance regulatory. He is actively involved in the development of our Latin American practice. Philipp speaks German, Spanish and French and is qualified in Germany, England and Wales and the British Virgin Islands.
Qualifications and admissions:
- Attorney at Law Germany, 2005
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales, 2009 (non practising)
- Solicitor British Virgin Islands, 2011
- Notary Public British Virgin Islands, 2016
Prior career history:
- Carey Olsen, BVI
- Harney Westwood & Riegels, BVI
Areas of practice and expertise:
- Alternative Investment Funds
- Corporate & Commercial
- Finance Regulatory
Prior to moving offshore, he worked in Paris and Luxembourg. He trained and worked with a major US law firm in Germany.
His clients include:
- hedge funds, investment managers, administrators and broker dealers
- major banks and trust companies
- major listed companies
- substantial privately held companies
Examples of recent transactions include:
- establishing BVI investment funds with assets in excess of US$2 billion
- establishing funds of funds
- establishing investment managers
- advising US pension fund on investment into a BVI private equity fund
- advising a state owned company on sanctions regime in the BVI
- advising a sovereign wealth fund on investment in a Telecom company.
- advising on the formation of limited partnerships
Publications and speaking engagements:
- Philipp has written a number of articles on BVI investment funds.