Michael PopkinSenior Associate
Michael is an experienced commercial litigator who specialises in complex cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on corporate restructuring and insolvency issues, both contentious and non-contentious. In 2016, he joined Campbells in the Cayman Islands office from 14 years in the litigation and dispute resolution department of a leading Australian law firm where he was a key member of its restructuring and insolvency team.
Prior to his practice in Australia, he spent a decade advising international clients on legal issues arising out of investments and commercial disputes in Southeast Asia.
Qualifications and Admissions
- University of Toronto, BA Linguistics, History and French, 1989
- University of British Columbia, JD, 1993
- Attorney at Law, New York, 1997 (non-practicing)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia, 2006 (non-practicing)
- Attorney at Law, Cayman Islands, 2016
Prior Career History
- Siam Premier, Bangkok, Thailand
- Allens, Sydney, Australia
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Recovery and Insolvency Specialists (Cayman) Association Ltd. (RISA)