Marianne routinely advises on complex corporate and finance transactions including joint ventures, shareholders’ arrangements, take-overs, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, group reorganisations and corporate restructurings, corporate note/bond offerings and lending and security transactions with a British Virgin Islands or Cayman element.
She is “meticulous”, “astute” and “exceptionally smart”.
– Who’s Who Legal
Marianne has a strong background in the field of market regulation and enforcement, having worked as a senior lawyer in the Enforcement Directorates at the UK Financial Services Authority and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Marianne served as a Major in the Australian Army Legal Corps.
Marianne was admitted as a legal practitioner in the British Virgin Islands in 2007 and joined Campbells in 2016.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
- BEc, Australian National University, Australia, 1992
- LLB, Australian National University, Australia 1995
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice, University of South Australia, Australia, 1996
- LLM, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2003
- Solicitor in South Australia, Australia, 1999 (non-practising)
- Solicitor in Queensland, Australia, 1997 (non-practising)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court (England & Wales), 2007 (non-practising)
- Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), 2007
PRIOR CAREER HISTORY
- BVI, Walkers, Partner (Head of BVI Funds Practice)
- BVI, Conyers Dill & Pearman
- London, KWM (formerly SJ Berwin)
- London, Financial Services Authority UK
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Australian Defence Force
AREAS OF PRACTICE AND EXPERTISE
- Investment funds
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital markets and securitisation transactions