Laura is an Associate in our Litigation, Insolvency & Restructuring group, based in the BVI office. She joined Campbells in 2021, having previously practiced at a leading firm in London. She has experience acting in a wide variety of complex disputes and litigation ranging from pharmaceutical and medico-legal cases to multi-national disputes in compliance and civil claims.
- Commercial Litigation
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Compliance and Regulatory Disputes
- Regulatory Law
(Prior to joining Campbells)
- Representing corporate clients in complex regulatory investigations and criminal cases in respect of alleged environmental and health and safety offences.
- Acting in a range of complex pharmaceutical and medico-legal cases including for healthcare providers and insurers in professional negligence claims, at inquests and before regulatory bodies.
- Successfully defending the world’s largest building materials company in a dispute with Revenue Scotland regarding an alleged underpayment of Landfill Tax.
- Defending Biffa in a high-profile criminal trial brought by the Environment Agency regarding alleged breaches of waste shipment legislation in respect of waste exports to China (R v Biffa Waste Services Limited  EWCA Crim 827).
- Defending a global resource management company in respect of various group actions relating to alleged civil nuisance claims.
- Providing crisis management advice to a Chinese technology company in respect of a product liability incident that resulted in a multi-jurisdictional product recall.
- Acting in judicial review proceedings brought against the Environment Agency in respect of proposed changes to charges for landfill sites.
- Advising Warner Music Group on environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors, energy and carbon reporting and non-financial disclosure obligations.
- Preparing quarterly updates for the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) on key legal developments and potential implications for USS and its investments.
- Solicitor in the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (Virgin Islands), 2021 (practicing)
- Solicitor in the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2018 (non-practicing)
- LPC, Distinction, BBP Law School, 2016
- LLB (Hons) Law, 2:1, University of East Anglia, 2014
- CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP, London
- RISA BVI
- Women’s Offshore Network (WON) BVI
- Laura Gunn appointed to the Board of the Women’s Offshore Network.
WON is a professional networking group launched by, and acting for, women working in the BVI financial services sector to further collaborate, provide mentoring and deepen relationships.