Daniel RussellSenior Associate
Daniel joined Campbells in 2018 as a senior associate in our Corporate Department. His practice covers investment funds, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital markets and asset finance.
Daniel advises on a wide variety of corporate transactions, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, stock market listings and shareholder arrangements and is co-author of AOSphere’s BVI Derivatives Guide.
Daniel advises clients on a range of finance matters including lending and taking security and is co-author of LexisNexis’ BVI Cross-Border Finance Guide.
Daniel represents hedge fund managers and private equity firms on the structuring, formation, regulation and ongoing operation of investment funds across a wide array of asset classes. He also advises fund investors and service providers on investment fund related matters.
Qualifications and Admissions:
- LLB (with honours), University of Glasgow, Scotland 2000
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court (England & Wales) 2009 (non-practising)
- Legal practitioner of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) 2017
- Attorney at Law, Cayman Islands, 2018
Prior Career History:
- Nabarro (subsequently merged into CMS Nabarro Olswang)
- Maclay, Murray & Spens (subsequently merged into Dentons)
- Goldman Sachs
Areas of Practice and Expertise:
- Investment funds
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Capital markets
- Corporate finance
- Asset finance
- STEP Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners