Daniel is a senior associate in our Corporate Department. He advises on British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands corporate transactions including series equity financing, restructuring, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, stock market listings and shareholder agreements. He also advises clients on a range of finance matters, including advising on lending and taking security and is author of the KPMG BVI Cross-Border Finance Guide. Daniel represents fund managers and private equity firms on the structuring, formation, regulation and ongoing operation of investment funds across a wide array of asset classes. Daniel joined Campbells in 2018.
- Restructuring of OAS group, including establishment of BVI note issuing vehicle and issue of $175M Secured Notes and Brazilian Reais 725M Unsecured Notes
- Series equity financing for Saavn Global Holdings, Ltd. involving investment from to fund strategic integration of Jio Music and Saavn Group in $1,000,000,000 transaction creating India’s largest platform for music and media
- Establishment of, and ongoing advice regarding, BVI Professional, Approved and Private Investment Funds for Cross Border Investment Management
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 2018
- Legal practitioner of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), 2017
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court (England & Wales) 2009 (non-practising)
- LLB (with honours), University of Glasgow, Scotland 2000
- Nabarro (subsequently merged into CMS Nabarro Olswang)
- Maclay, Murray & Spens (subsequently merged into Dentons)
- Goldman Sachs
- Member, Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Implications of the BVI Data Protection Act for Investment Funds.
The Data Protection Act, 2021 (the “Act”) was brought into force in the BVI with immediate effect on 9 July 2021 and introduces, for the first time in the British Virgin Islands, a legislative framework for data protection based on a set of internationally recognised privacy principles. The Act provides that its objects are to: - safeguard personal data processed by public bodies and private bodies by balancing the necessity of processing the personal data and protecting personal data from unlawful processing; and - promote transparency and accountability in the processing of personal data.
- Virtual Assets in the British Virgin Islands: Compliance Period to Expire in January 2021.
The BVI Financial Services Commission (the "Commission") recently published new virtual asset guidance (the "Guidance"). The purpose of the Guidance is to clarify the applicability of the BVI’s existing regulatory regime to virtual assets and virtual asset-related activities.
- Time to Make a BVI Will? Consequences of the Death of the Sole Shareholder of a BVI Company.
Dealing with shares in a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands (“BVI”) following the death of the sole shareholder can be a complicated, costly and time consuming processes. To alleviate the difficulties that can arise, you or your client, may wish to consider making a BVI Will. We summarise below the process by which shares in a BVI Company can transfer following the death of the sole shareholder.