Aoife is a senior associate in our Corporate Department where she advises on the establishment of investment funds and a range of corporate and commercial matters. Aoife joined Campbells in 2016.
- Corporate and commercial
- Investment funds
- Attorney at Law Cayman Islands, 2016
- Solicitor England and Wales, 2013 (non-practising)
- Solicitor Republic of Ireland, 2011
- University College Dublin – BBLS, 2007
- William Fry, Dublin
- Gilbert + Tobin, Sydney
- Virtual Assets in the British Virgin Islands: Compliance Period to Expire in January 2021. The BVI Financial Services Commission (the "Commission") recently published new virtual asset guidance (the "Guidance"). The purpose of the Guidance is to clarify the applicability of the BVI’s existing regulatory regime to virtual assets and virtual asset-related activities.
- Cayman Islands Virtual Assets Framework. The Cayman Islands Government has announced that the Virtual Asset (Service Providers) Law, 2020 (the "VASP Law") will come into force in two phases. Phase one, commencing on 31 October 2020, will focus on anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CFT) compliance, supervision and enforcement. Phase two, which will include licensing requirements and prudential supervision, is expected to come into force in June 2021.