Campbells is a leading full service offshore law firm established in 1970. From our offices in the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands and Hong Kong we provide comprehensive corporate and litigation advice and services to clients worldwide in relation to Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law.
Campbells invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Head of Finance. Reporting to the COO, the Head of Finance will lead a team of qualified accountants and be responsible for all areas of finance and billing across Campbells’ three offices, as well as overseeing the financial management of the Corporate Services businesses in Cayman and BVI. This is a senior management role that requires strong business acumen, extensive people and project management experience and a solid technical foundation in finance. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and possess a high degree of reliability, flexibility and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Finance will be responsible for:
- leading, managing and mentoring a motivated team of professionals
- ensuring the timely preparation of quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements
- assisting external auditors and tax advisors as required
- ensuring all reporting is in adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements
- developing and overseeing the annual budget process
- supervising the production of timely monthly and quarterly management reports and forecasts to inform management decisions and assist with achieving financial and operational targets
- implementing and monitoring policies and procedures for accounting and reporting, and regularly reviewing the control framework to ensure effective running of the function
- implementing working capital strategies and cash flow forecasting
- managing projects to increase the overall efficiency of the function and financial processes throughout the business
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 8 years’ PQE of which 5 years or more has been at a senior management level
- demonstrate strong technical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and partnership accounting
- have a track record of effective systems design, testing and implementation
- have experience of leading the finance function in an international professional services firm
- possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Salary & Benefits
Salary will reflect qualifications and experience and be in the range of US$110,000-US$130,000, with consideration for an annual discretionary bonus in addition. Benefits include 5 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and a pension plan.
If you would like to be considered for this role please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2019 (only applications received to this email will be accepted).
Please explain in your cover letter why you are interested in the role, the skills and experience you have that make you particularly suitable, and the value you would bring to the role.