Campbells is committed to supporting the future education of the youth in our communities and is pleased to offer scholarships in both the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
CAYMAN ISLANDS SCHOLARSHIP
Campbells is accepting scholarship applications for the 2020/2021 academic year. The application deadline is 15 April 2020.
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS SCHOLARSHIP
Campbells has awarded its British Virgin Islands scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year, and further applications are not being considered at this time.
Campbells offers an overseas undergraduate scholarship of up to US$20K in both the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands, with preference given to applicants pursuing law. Subject to meeting continuing conditions, successful applicants have the potential to be supported for the duration of their degree programme (3 years) with the opportunity for additional support through PPC, LPC (BVC), BPTC or equivalent, at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
Campbells undergraduate scholarships provide the following:
- financial funding towards tuition and academic fees made payable to the institution directly;
- an opportunity for summer internship placements;
- consideration for additional financial support throughout PPC, LPC (BVC), BPTC or equivalent programme, subject to meeting continuing requirements; and
- preferential consideration for articles with the firm.
Campbells has established the following basis upon which applications will be considered:
- scholarship applications are accepted for both legal and non-legal undergraduate programmes, but preference will be given to legal;
- applicants must be Caymanian or a Caymanian Status Holder to be eligible for our Cayman scholarship and a BVIslander or BVI Belonger to be eligible for our BVI scholarship;
- an applicant’s financial means, access to financial assistance from other sources and suitability for the proposed course will be taken into account when considering applications;
- the responsibility for determining eligibility for scholarships will be vested in the Scholarship Committee. All scholarship grants will be at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee;
- the Scholarship Committee will require personal and academic references and will interview candidates shortlisted for further consideration;
- the Scholarship Committee may request additional information to that noted in the checklist or on the application form;
- the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to make payments directly to the relevant academic institution or body;
- the Scholarship Committee may or may not give reasons for declining to award a scholarship; and
- these guidelines may change from time to time at the discretion of the Campbells’ partnership.
Applications will be considered once all items in the checklist have been received. Applications with missing information will not be considered.
Please include the following items with your scholarship application:
- completed application form
- cover letter
- proof of eligibility (Cayman Islands or British Virgin Islands citizenship)
- two written references
- academic transcripts
- confirmation of university acceptance with estimated costs, if available
Application deadline: 15 April 2020
Interviews: May 2020
Scholarship awarded: June 2020
Please submit your completed application by hand or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.