Campbells offers a US$20K per annum overseas undergraduate scholarship in the Cayman Islands and a USD$15K overseas undergraduate scholarship in the British Virgin Islands, with preference given to applicants pursuing law. Subject to meeting continuing conditions, the successful applicant will be supported for the duration of their degree programme (3 years) with the opportunity for additional support through PPC, LPC (BVC), BPTC or equivalent.
Campbells’ undergraduate scholarship provides the following:
- financial funding towards tuition and academic fees, made payable to the institution directly;
- summer internship placement for up to 8 weeks during summer breaks and 2 weeks during Christmas breaks;
- consideration for additional financial support throughout PPC, LPC (BVC), BPTC or equivalent programme, subject to meeting continuing requirements; and
- preferential consideration for articles with the firm.
Campbells has established the following basis upon which scholarship applications will be considered:
- scholarship applications are accepted for both legal and non-legal undergraduate programmes, but preference will be given to legal;
- applicants must be Caymanian or a Caymanian Status Holder to be eligible for our Cayman scholarship and a BV Islander or BVI Belonger to be eligible for our BVI scholarship;
- the deadline for submitting applications for consideration is Monday, 1 May 2017, with a view to awarding scholarships by 15 May;
- applications will only be considered once all items on the checklist have been received – see downloadable checklist. Applications with missing information will not be considered;
- an applicant’s financial means, access to financial assistance from other sources and suitability for the proposed course will be taken into account when considering applications;
- the responsibility for determining eligibility for scholarships will be vested in the Scholarship Committee. All scholarship grants will be at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee;
- the Scholarship Committee will require personal and academic references and will wish to interview candidates shortlisted for further consideration;
- the Scholarship Committee may request additional information to that noted in the checklist or on the application form;
- the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to make payments directly to the relevant academic institution or body;
- the Scholarships Committee may or may not give reasons for declining to award a scholarship; and
- these guidelines may change from time to time at the discretion of the Campbells’ partnership.